Skip to main content

It's August and an Essential Oils Experience

My mom and I went to an essential oils class at a local bed and breakfast. This was our first experience making them, and using them. I can't tell you how much we learned! The lady that was giving the class was a Young Living brand rep, and she taught us a lot!

We had the option of making a  two rollerballs, or a hand sanitizing spray, or one of each. My mom and I both made roller balls. I made a Focus blend and an Immune Boost blend. My mom made Sleepy Time and Open Airways. Did you know that it takes about 21 seconds to have the oils enter your system and begin working? That's amazing! I will give you a run down of the oils that made up each blend. I can't tell you how many drops are in each because we had helpers make the rollerballs.

*All blended oils are mixed with Fractionated Coconut Oil

Immune Boost:

Cinnamon, Clove, Lemon, Tea Tree, Oregano, Rosemary

Sleepy Time: 

Cedarwood, Frankincense, Bergamot,

Open Airways:

Cardamom, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lemon, Peppermint

Focus Blend:

Orange, Peppermint

One day I was feeling especially run down, and I felt like I had a cold coming on. So that night I put the Immune Boost on my throat, behind my ears, and on the soles of my feet, and I can honestly say that I felt considerably better the next morning.

This class has definitely piqued my interest, and I think my mom and I are going to attend another one where we make inhalers!

What do you know about essential oils? How have they helped you? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (w...

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I...

Simple Sugars Review

There is no doubt that this scenario has happened to you. You get some really expensive cream to put on your acne, rosacea, or eczema. You try it out, and find out you are allergic to it, or it makes your skin look horrible. Such was the case with Lani Lazzari. She has sensitive skin and has tried every commercial product on the market to help her eczema. Nothing worked, so she took matters in her own hands. She created Simple Sugars in December of 2005. If you're wondering where you might have heard Lani's name before, she appeared on ABC's Shark Tank! The scrubs are all natural and uses many different oils. There are no sulphates, artificial preservatives, parabens, colors, or scents. There are scrubs for your face, body, feet, and even some for the men in your life! You can find your perfect scrub on their website . I wish you could smell this! I bought some at a local retailer and I am impressed! I got the chocolate scent, and let me tell you, it smells AMAZING!...