Entering High School:
My high school experience was okay. It is not a time that I want to go back to. However, there are some people whom I graduated with that loved the whole experience. Here are my tips for those of you entering high school.
- Be yourself
- Get involved (something I wish I would've done more of!)
- Don't try to fit with the "in crowd."
- Be organized
|Image found here|
I was scared to death during my first weekend in college. I remember thinking "Mandii, what in the heck did you get yourself in to?" Here I was, this shy girl, living away from home for the first time with a roommate. (luckily, home was not far away!) You know what tho, I ended up LOVING college! I made lasting friends, and wonderful memories.
- Leave your door open to make new friends
- Befriend some people in your classes, you never know when you'll need a partner!
- Go to class!!
- Be organized, and get in a routine.
- Study outside
- Attend events (something I wish I would've done more of again!)
- Dorm beds take Twin Extra Long sheets!
- Be yourself, you'll be surprised how far that gets you in life.
I liked being an upperclassman. Usually that meant less auditorium classes, and more classes with a group of people I knew. Not to mention, scheduling your classes earlier, and getting the dorm you wanted!
- Reconnect with your friends during the first week of class
- Take time to enjoy the college experience! (Loans are due 6 months from when you graduate!)
- Again, go to class!
- Allow yourself a night just to hang out with your friends to get away from the stress of classwork.
Given the chance, I'd go back to college in a heartbeat. If I didn't have to pay tuition and housing fees. Haha!
I hope these tips helped you! If you have some tips to share, leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!