- Open your cabinet doors to prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Don't heat your house with your oven or propane heaters. This could potentially cause a fire if left unattended.
- Bring pets indoors, and when you take your animals out, make sure to watch the pads of their feet that they don't get frostbite.
- Cover your extremities when you go outside because frostbite can occur within 10-30 minutes on exposed skin.
- Have flashlights ready in case the power goes out.
- Make sure you have electronics charged such as cell phones and ipads that you can use in case you do lose power to get in contact with people.
These are just a few tips to help you deal with the cold. Stay warm out there, and use precaution!