Skip to main content

Easter Weekend Recap

Long weekends are just the best!! This Easter break was just what my mind and body needed. I am a strong believer that a clear mind does wonders! Even though it was a long weekend, it was packed with activities!! Fun activities though!!

Nationwide Arena
On Friday, I got myself organized. I just recently took over for a first grade teacher for the next few weeks, and I needed to get the Guided Reading materials set up. I did some work on my computer, planned my outfits for the coming week, and got my bag packed for my Columbus trip!

Bar Louie is becoming my favorite restaurant!
Saturday, was the big trip to watch the Penguins play! I chose to get up extra early so I could get my workout in before I left. I had to be at the tour company at 8:45. I passed the time by reading some magazines, and looking out at the scenery. We got to Columbus, grabbed a quick bite to eat, and went to Nationwide Arena. The Pens played awful, but I changed into a shirt that really matters. A Duke shirt!! It worked, and Duke won the game!!

After getting home late Saturday, it was my brilliant idea to go to early church on Easter Sunday. The service started at 8, so we had to be out the door by 7:20. We had a wonderful service. After the service we came home and had my Bubba's (grandma) Easter bread. Yum! This is a delicious sweet bread with raisins, and icing on top. It is delicious plain, but even better grilled with peanut butter on top!

So, So, good!
My family hosted lunch after, and we had ham sandwiches, veggies and dip, cheesy potato casserole, deviled eggs, baked beans, and some other munchies. Dessert was carrot cake, and I could eat a slice!! I gave up pop and sweets for Lent, and I don't miss pop at all because I found a great alternative that is much healthier. (I'll blog on that later!) Oh, but carrot cake...so,so good!

Changed into a shirt that really counted on the bus!
Monday, I was off school (hallelujah!) so I slept in! I also got in a quick workout (to work off all of that food from Saturday and Sunday!) I went and ran a few errands, and them came home and got ready for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! I'm SO excited!! You will have to stay tuned to my social media accounts before, during, and after the game! I'll be posting pictures and my thoughts!

How was your Easter weekend? Was it as busy as mine? I can't wait to hear about what you did during your long weekend! Leave me a comment and let me know what you did!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (we li

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I&

New Schedule!

 I think to start off, I am going to be blogging on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. I think that is a good schedule to start with that won't be overwhelming, and you readers won't get bored.  So in my time off in the blog world, I worked at a clothing boutique and absolutely fell in love with it! I found that it is something that I am really passionate about. I have learned so many tips and tricks while working there that I can't wait to share with you! I mean we also have lived through a worldwide pandemic. Add that to the list of things you never thought you would type! Haha! I have continued to cook and bake, take short little trips here and there. I truly do lead a very boring life. Haha!  If there are any topics you'd like me to cover, just let me know and I will try to see if I can cover them!  Don't forget you can follow the Mandii's Muse Facebook page here ! You can also follow the blog's Instagram page too! Maybe one day I can go live and we ca