Adsense

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mythology...Mythology...Mythology!

Celtic music, you can either take it or leave it. I've chosen to take it. Last March I was channel surfing, and happened along a young man singing a song called "Isle of Hope" on my local PBS Station. Initially, his attractive appearance caught my eye, (hey, I'm single, I can window shop!) but the song and stage presence drew me in. Turns out, that he was only one of a group of six individuals called Celtic Thunder.

 
 
Declan O' Donoghue and I
Well, the obsession began! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I watched that PBS special. Thank goodness for tape recorders! I downloaded the songs, went on their website, (www.celticthunder.ie) and became hopelessly devoted to Ryan, Neil, Emmet, Keith, George, and now Colm. Fast forward to September when I went to my very first Celtic Thunder concert. In a word, it was FABULOUS! Their stage presence captivates you from the moment they step foot on the stage. Afterwards, I went to the stage door and waited for the lads to come out. They did, and I got my picture taken with Ryan and Colm, and the drummer Declan. (Neil, Keith, Emmet, and George...I'm coming for you next concert!) I can't begin to say how many friends I've made on Facebook from liking this group. As we all say, us Thunderheads stick together!
Colm Keegan and I
Mythology is the latest project for them. It's out TODAY! I can't wait to get my hands on the deluxe copy and play it over and over. Once I do, I'll do a blog on my favorite songs and what I think overall. I leave you with pictures of me and the lads!

Ryan Kelly and I
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...