Skip to main content

Memories Behind My Clothes

I'm in Cameron!

Everything has a story, right? I think so, and I think clothes tell stories too. I think most people have an item of clothing that they just can't get rid of because it holds a special memory. I have several, and I want to share them with you! I am going to start a new Thursday series on my blog that deals with just that! So if you have one too, link up with me! Let's share stories!

The first item of clothing that I have a significant memory of is this royal blue ruffled t-shirt. This shirt has such great memories. I bought this shirt at Wal-Mart, once I found out I was going to my first Duke game in 2010! After four long years of waiting to go to a game, I wanted something that had Duke colors, but still looked nice. (Just in case I met any players walking around campus!) Plus, it was comfortable, lightweight, and perfect for a Durham, NC February day!

One of the reasons I am a Duke fan today
Well, this shirt didn't disappoint. I will always remember standing at center court of Cameron Indoor Stadium wearing this shirt. I will remember eating lunch at the Loop in this shirt, touring the Hall of Honor and seeing the strength and conditioning coach in this shirt. I will remember shopping in the bookstore, and getting my picture taken in Krzyzewskiville in this shirt. How can one shirt have so many memories?

This is probably one item of clothing I will not be able to part with. This top holds too many memories, and definitely the best $13 I have spent on an item of clothing!

I cannot wait to read you about your Clothing Memories! Link up and tell me about them!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (w...

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I...

Simple Sugars Review

There is no doubt that this scenario has happened to you. You get some really expensive cream to put on your acne, rosacea, or eczema. You try it out, and find out you are allergic to it, or it makes your skin look horrible. Such was the case with Lani Lazzari. She has sensitive skin and has tried every commercial product on the market to help her eczema. Nothing worked, so she took matters in her own hands. She created Simple Sugars in December of 2005. If you're wondering where you might have heard Lani's name before, she appeared on ABC's Shark Tank! The scrubs are all natural and uses many different oils. There are no sulphates, artificial preservatives, parabens, colors, or scents. There are scrubs for your face, body, feet, and even some for the men in your life! You can find your perfect scrub on their website . I wish you could smell this! I bought some at a local retailer and I am impressed! I got the chocolate scent, and let me tell you, it smells AMAZING!...