Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday

Oh man. Honestly, I am glad for today's linkup. I didn't think you would want to hear me tell you/complain about the rainy weather we've been having. Don't worry though, I have a MAJOR story to tell you about this crazy weather, so be on the lookout for that post coming soon! (Hint: I was thisclose to building an ark!) Today I am linking up with Shay for What's Up Wednesday!

What I'm Eating:

Last night we had hamburgers. They are $5 at a local restaurant, and after the day my family and I had, it was much needed. We also went for ice cream. That combination turned our bad day brighter! Tonight's dinner is anyone's guess. My dad has been working late, so mom and I decide last minute on dinner depending on if he is eating with us, or grabbing something for himself.

What I'm Reminiscing About:

I'm reminiscing about being at the beach!! I feel much calmer when I'm at the beach, and get in my little routine when I'm on vacation. Life is just truly better at the beach!

What I'm Loving:

I have been loving mint iced tea! We have two different mint plants, and I try to use mint in my iced tea as much as possible.


What I've Been Up To:

Truthfully, I've been bailing rainwater out of our basement and window wells. I have also been working out, and running some quick errands. I lead an exciting life don't I?! Haha!

What I'm Dreading:

Actually, my most dreaded project is completed! I switched out my winter clothes to summer clothes, and I absolutely loathe that project. It is DONE!! I am dreading steaming every outfit I own before I wear it though! 6 months in a container cause some major wrinkles!

What I'm Working On:

I'm working on getting this blog back up and running! I really enjoy blogging, and miss it when I don't. So project "Get this blog back" has commenced!"

What I'm Excited About:

I'm excited to go to another Indians game! Even though they aren't playing the greatest, I do love supporting the team I've come to grow so fond of over the past 20 years. I'm also excited about the NBA Draft. I can't wait to see where my Duke fellas end up!

What I'm Reading/Watching:

I bought a new book for an upcoming trip. It is the Lighthouse Brides collection. It is a collection of 6 stories in one book. It is also a Christian based. Any book that deals with weddings/brides I'm in! I am also planning on starting a Charles Stanley devotional as well! As far as watching TV goes, QVC is always at the top of my list. The other morning I took my tablet out on the treadmill and watched my favorite morning sports show Mike and Mike. I've been enjoying Bringing Up Bates, and The Willis Clan as well!

What I'm Listening To:

I have been loving my workout playlist lately! When All About That Base comes on, I get in the groove and *almost* fall off the treadmill. Oops!

What I'm Wearing:

Due to the rain, a lot of closed toe shoes! Today the sun is out, so I am going to slip on my bathing suit and sit in the sun!

What I'm Doing This Weekend:

Again, I have no idea! I don't have any significant plans set in stone quite yet.

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month:

Hopefully the rain subsides and we can eat outside more often! I'm also looking forward to our garden harvest and cooking with some of our fresh vegetables and herbs!!

What Else Is New:

Nothing! (That I can think of, anyway!)

What I'm Doing for 4th Of July:

I think we are going to spend the 4th at a resort with my aunt and uncle. Should be a fun time!

If you link up, I'd love to read what you've been up to! Leave me a comment and tell me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (we li

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I&

New Schedule!

 I think to start off, I am going to be blogging on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. I think that is a good schedule to start with that won't be overwhelming, and you readers won't get bored.  So in my time off in the blog world, I worked at a clothing boutique and absolutely fell in love with it! I found that it is something that I am really passionate about. I have learned so many tips and tricks while working there that I can't wait to share with you! I mean we also have lived through a worldwide pandemic. Add that to the list of things you never thought you would type! Haha! I have continued to cook and bake, take short little trips here and there. I truly do lead a very boring life. Haha!  If there are any topics you'd like me to cover, just let me know and I will try to see if I can cover them!  Don't forget you can follow the Mandii's Muse Facebook page here ! You can also follow the blog's Instagram page too! Maybe one day I can go live and we ca