Skip to main content

Bon Jovi CD Review

Thumbs up for my camera reflection! ;)
Even though I am a huge Bon Jovi fan, I haven't loved every album they have came out with. Have  I loved certain songs on each album, yes. I definitely have my favorite CDs of their's, but I think everyone has that with their favorite band.

I got the new CD What About Now for Easter. I have been listening to it non stop. For this review, I will go song by song, and give my final thoughts on the album as a whole at the end. So, let's get on with it!

1. Because We Can-This song gets you moving! Take action for the things you believe in. Do it, because you can.

2. I'm With You- This song has a great guitar riff that Richie plays. For some reason, it reminds me of a song that The Beatles would play with the harmonies between Jon and Richie.

3. What About Now- The title song of the new CD. Driving beat.

4. Pictures of You- Remembering a long lost love. Wanting them to be yours.

5. Amen-This is definitely one of my favorites. Very sensual, romantic. It reminds me of Bed of Roses where it is a soothing track and just Jon singing. This is Bon Jovi's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

6. That's What The Water Made Me- This song has a driving beat. I really like the tune of this song.

7. What's Left of Me- A story song. This song talks about the middle class lifestyle. Coming back from war, struggling through hard times of starting a band. Being broken, wanting to find someone who will want the rest of you.

8. Army of One- Never give up on your dreams. You're one person that could change the world.

9. Thick as Thieves- Strangely, this is a love song. I like it. It's not an overly sickening love song tho, so don't let that fool you! As always, Richie does an amazing job during his solos.

10. Beautiful World- Finding beauty in the smallest things in our wonderful world we live in.

11. Room at the End of the World- Searching for your love at the end of the world. Where secrets are kept.

12. The Fighter-This might be my 3rd favorite song on this album. You would think this song would be a driving rock song, but this is mellow and soothing. I really like the tune to this song!!

Overall, I think this is a great album! Amen is definitely my favorite. Because We Can and The Fighter are a close second and third. The one key that I love about Bon Jovi songs is they are so
relatable. You may not realize it now, but that perfect song will come to you. My favorites may change the more I listen to the CD.

So have you listened to Bon Jovi's new album? What do you think of it? What is your favorite song? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (w...

Simple Sugars Review

There is no doubt that this scenario has happened to you. You get some really expensive cream to put on your acne, rosacea, or eczema. You try it out, and find out you are allergic to it, or it makes your skin look horrible. Such was the case with Lani Lazzari. She has sensitive skin and has tried every commercial product on the market to help her eczema. Nothing worked, so she took matters in her own hands. She created Simple Sugars in December of 2005. If you're wondering where you might have heard Lani's name before, she appeared on ABC's Shark Tank! The scrubs are all natural and uses many different oils. There are no sulphates, artificial preservatives, parabens, colors, or scents. There are scrubs for your face, body, feet, and even some for the men in your life! You can find your perfect scrub on their website . I wish you could smell this! I bought some at a local retailer and I am impressed! I got the chocolate scent, and let me tell you, it smells AMAZING!...

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I...