|Thumbs up for my camera reflection! ;)|
I got the new CD What About Now for Easter. I have been listening to it non stop. For this review, I will go song by song, and give my final thoughts on the album as a whole at the end. So, let's get on with it!
1. Because We Can-This song gets you moving! Take action for the things you believe in. Do it, because you can.
2. I'm With You- This song has a great guitar riff that Richie plays. For some reason, it reminds me of a song that The Beatles would play with the harmonies between Jon and Richie.
3. What About Now- The title song of the new CD. Driving beat.
4. Pictures of You- Remembering a long lost love. Wanting them to be yours.
5. Amen-This is definitely one of my favorites. Very sensual, romantic. It reminds me of Bed of Roses where it is a soothing track and just Jon singing. This is Bon Jovi's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.
6. That's What The Water Made Me- This song has a driving beat. I really like the tune of this song.
7. What's Left of Me- A story song. This song talks about the middle class lifestyle. Coming back from war, struggling through hard times of starting a band. Being broken, wanting to find someone who will want the rest of you.
8. Army of One- Never give up on your dreams. You're one person that could change the world.
9. Thick as Thieves- Strangely, this is a love song. I like it. It's not an overly sickening love song tho, so don't let that fool you! As always, Richie does an amazing job during his solos.
10. Beautiful World- Finding beauty in the smallest things in our wonderful world we live in.
11. Room at the End of the World- Searching for your love at the end of the world. Where secrets are kept.
12. The Fighter-This might be my 3rd favorite song on this album. You would think this song would be a driving rock song, but this is mellow and soothing. I really like the tune to this song!!
Overall, I think this is a great album! Amen is definitely my favorite. Because We Can and The Fighter are a close second and third. The one key that I love about Bon Jovi songs is they are so
relatable. You may not realize it now, but that perfect song will come to you. My favorites may change the more I listen to the CD.
So have you listened to Bon Jovi's new album? What do you think of it? What is your favorite song? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!