- Do I need to fertilize my lawn? If you want a full and healthy and eventually weed free lawn, fertilization is a necessity. By fertilizing your lawn, (after applying your weed and feed mixture) you are fertilizing your grass and not your weeds and grass. The thicker and healthier your lawn is, the less chance the weeds can squeeze up through and cause you any problems.
- What products do you recommend? There are many good products on the market. I find the Scotts brand easiest to use. I have also used K-Mart's K-Grow brand and find it very effective.
- How often should I use fertilizer? The Scotts brand products are marked right on the bag, and tell you what time of year, and how to use. They are super easy!
- What are grubs? Grubs are the peskiest of lawn destroyers. They are milky white, slug like, creature that feed on the actual roots of your lawn. The best way to tell you have grubs is to look for faded yellow spots in your lawn where your sod has loosened. Just like we said last week, if you have grubs, you probably have moles. A two fold problem. Ridding yourself of grubs is a MUST!
- Should I get them sprayed? You do not spray for grubs, you use granules. You can use a granule that you buy at the home improvement store.
- Can I spray for them myself or do I need a professional? Using your lawn spreader spread your granules all over your lawn. Do a double pass over the areas that are affected.
If you have any lawn questions, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask! Leave me a comment and let me know! You might just see your question answered in the next post!