Skip to main content

Essentials

You know you have that one go to piece of clothing that when you put it on, all is well with the world. It could be a favorite pair of jeans, a cute shirt, your favorite pair of shoes. I'm going to give you a few essential items that I feel every woman should own to step their wardrobe up a notch.

  • Pearls-A classic. Pearls can be dressed up or down. Throw them on with jeans and a cute tuxedo shirt and you instantly looked polished. Wear them with a LBD (little black dress) and you are ready for an evening at the Theater.

  • A good fitting pair of Jeans-The right jeans can make all the difference. I'm a curvy girl, so I have been on the search and destroy for my perfect jean. I've found them. (My favorites are the T3 jeans from Lane Bryant!) If you have a great fitting pair of jeans, you can dress them up with a tuxedo shirt, or make them casual with a light cotton t-shirt.

    
    These are 3 of my essentials!
  • Leopard Print Scarf-I just bought one of these. And I don't know where it's been all my life. You can pair it with khakis, and a jean jacket, or I love it with jeans and a red blazer. In the summer, wear it with khaki shorts and cute wedges. Don't forget to pair your leopard with a classic red lip! Rawr!

  • Classic black heels-A little lift makes all the difference. Heels take an outfit from "drab to fab." They make your legs look longer and leaner, and make you look professional.  
These are just a few of my go to pieces. What are your must haves? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (w...

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I...

Simple Sugars Review

There is no doubt that this scenario has happened to you. You get some really expensive cream to put on your acne, rosacea, or eczema. You try it out, and find out you are allergic to it, or it makes your skin look horrible. Such was the case with Lani Lazzari. She has sensitive skin and has tried every commercial product on the market to help her eczema. Nothing worked, so she took matters in her own hands. She created Simple Sugars in December of 2005. If you're wondering where you might have heard Lani's name before, she appeared on ABC's Shark Tank! The scrubs are all natural and uses many different oils. There are no sulphates, artificial preservatives, parabens, colors, or scents. There are scrubs for your face, body, feet, and even some for the men in your life! You can find your perfect scrub on their website . I wish you could smell this! I bought some at a local retailer and I am impressed! I got the chocolate scent, and let me tell you, it smells AMAZING!...