Skip to main content

My go to Makeup Products

I'm not a huge experimenter (is that a word?) with makeup. I'm not drawn to foundations as I would be a lip color or an eyeshadow palette. Once I get "in love" with a product like a foundation, I stick with it. Here are my go to makeup products and the reasons why I like them. Are your favorites different than mine?

Face Primer: Bare Minerals Prime Time- I love this primer! It is silky, helps my foundation stay in place, and controls the oil slick that is my face. A little goes a long way with this primer.

Foundation: Mary Kay Mineral Foundation in Beige 1- I have not used liquid foundation in years. This mineral foundation reduces my oil, and has great coverage. Another bonus, it doesn't make me break out.

Eyeshadow Primer: The Balm Put a Lid On It, Urban Decay Primer Potion, ELF eyeshadow primer- I couldn't choose just one! I do like all of these. I have oily, hooded lids, and while my eyeshadow still creases, these help it stay put a little while longer.

L-R Walking on Eggshells and Silent Treatment
Eyeshadow Palette: Naked 2 palette, Wet N Wild eyeshadow trios- The Naked 2 is just beautiful neutral shades that go on smoothly, are wearable for everyday, or can go for a dramatic smokey eye. Wet N Wild has the best quality eyeshadow for a drugstore brand. With a primer, they last all day, and are highly pigmented. *My favorites are Silent Treatment, Walking on Eggshells, and Knock on Wood.*

Eyeshadow Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded- I love putting this over my primer as a base for eyeshadow. This helps my shadow last even longer. Barely Branded is a great neutral that can go with any color you choose!

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner- I like how long this liner stays on! It definitely lasts a good 8-10 hours on me!




Mascara: Covergirl LashBlast- This mascara lengthens my eyelashes and is very buildable. It doesn't clump or flake on me.

Lipstick: My lipstick choices change with my mood. You can see a few of my favorites here.

Are your go to products different than mine? What are your go to makeup products? Have you tried any of these products? Do you love them, or hate them? Leave me a comment and let me know!!

Comments

  1. You have some great products listed!! I own almost everything you have listed other than the Mary Kay powder. I usually use Bare Minerals when I use a loose powder, but I would be interested to hear if you have ever used BM and why you like MK better! You are the third or fourth person I have heard mention the MK powder and I'm beginning to wonder if it is something I'm going to need to try! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I have used Bare Minerals as my foundation as well. I think the Mary Kay has better coverage than BM. Not to mention, you get more product for your money when you use MK! Thanks again for your comment! If you get the MK let me know how you like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking for a Crowd: Spaghetti Sauce

My family likes to save money when we have parties. One way to do so is to cook everything ourselves, instead of hiring a caterer. Today, I wanted to give you a recipe for spaghetti sauce that will feed a crowd. This recipe is best made in an 18 quart roast pan. We bought most of our sauces and tomato paste at Costco. Ingredients: 2 onions 3 cans diced tomatoes 2 #10 cans of tomato sauce 1 #10 can on spaghetti sauce 1 heaping tsp of garlic minced 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes 4 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste 1 tsp sugar Onion and garlic salt, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano to taste 1 pound of each: ground meat, hot and sweet sausage Look at the deliciousness!  In a skillet brown your meat and sausage in a little oil. Once browned place off to the side. Combine your onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. *Sweat your onions down first, then add the garlic. Then your tomatoes.* Open your tomato sauces and spaghetti sauces (we li

It's Been Awhile...

 Hi! Do you remember me and this little blog? I've been thinking about starting this blog back up again, and I am just going to jump in with both feet and go for it! In the past what, 4 years since the last post, I have learned a lot, and have a lot to share! So if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share some fun tips and tricks and recipes with you here on this little space on the internet.  I will give you a little reintroduction of myself.  I'm Mandii. I'm a small town girl full of random information. Sports facts, check. Fashion tips, oh yeah, I've got those a plenty! Recipes? You're speaking my language. I love all things faith, family, fashion, sports, and food related. Which is exactly what you will find on this space. I love to travel even though I don't do it nearly enough.  I don't know if I am going to commit to a full 5 days on here yet. I'll play it by ear, and if you'll stick with me, I think we can do some great things here!  I&

New Schedule!

 I think to start off, I am going to be blogging on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. I think that is a good schedule to start with that won't be overwhelming, and you readers won't get bored.  So in my time off in the blog world, I worked at a clothing boutique and absolutely fell in love with it! I found that it is something that I am really passionate about. I have learned so many tips and tricks while working there that I can't wait to share with you! I mean we also have lived through a worldwide pandemic. Add that to the list of things you never thought you would type! Haha! I have continued to cook and bake, take short little trips here and there. I truly do lead a very boring life. Haha!  If there are any topics you'd like me to cover, just let me know and I will try to see if I can cover them!  Don't forget you can follow the Mandii's Muse Facebook page here ! You can also follow the blog's Instagram page too! Maybe one day I can go live and we ca